Now that spring has sprung, it’s time to pick out your snazziest outfit, break out your dancing shoes and put yourself out there for your first date. If you’re like most people, by now you’ve probably obsessed over everything from how you’ll greet your prospective love interest (hug vs. handshake) to how you style your hair, but have you given any thought to what you’ll order at the dinner table? Most dates do begin with breaking bread together, after all.
To avoid putting a damper on your dating mojo, steer clear from ordering any of the following foods:
1. Garlic and onion - This one is a no-brainer, unless you’d be satisfied with a handshake at the end of the night instead of a kiss. Garlic and onions can be used to add flavor to your favorite dishes, so beware.
2. Corn on the cob - This dish is notoriously difficult to eat, and more than likely your date will not be impressed with how well you can pick kernels out of your teeth with a toothpick.
3. Spinach or pesto - Nothing says romance more than a little green guy lodged between your teeth. Avoid flashing a leafy smile to help increase your chances for scoring date No. 2.
4. Soup - Slurping has never been in style. Opt for the salad instead for a more classy option.
5. Spaghetti - Pasta may seem deceptively safe, but ordering spaghetti with marinara sauce is a no-no. Not only will it leave your carefully curated outfit freckled with spots, but you’ll also look like a goober eating it. If you’re in the mood for pasta, try something more solid, like shells or ravioli.
Now that your menu choices are squared away, don’t forget to bring your best accessory – your smile (and maybe a pack of sugar-free gum to freshen up after your meal). Bon appétit!
Want a better smile for a date? Make an appointment at your nearest Bright Now! Dental location. Click here to schedule.