A Super Summer Salad for Healthy Teeth
Salads are a fantastic go-to meal when you’re trying to eat more vegetables.
And they’re especially nice as a light meal on a warm summer day. Wondering what to put in your salad? Here are 3 perfect ingredients that make for a tasty salad and healthy teeth!
- Leafy greens, such as spinach or kale, are low in calories and high in vitamins and minerals such as calcium and folic acid, which are necessary for maintaining healthy teeth and gums.
- Almonds and cheese are also high in calcium and contain phosphorus, both of which are building blocks for your teeth’s enamel.
- Apples keep teeth healthy in a few different ways. Their crunchy texture makes them a natural abrasive that gently scrubs the surface of teeth. Plus, along with raisins, they’re full of antioxidants that fight inflammation and gum disease.
Try out this recipe that brings together all three amazing ingredients:
Apple Almond Crunch Salad
- 10 ounces of a leafy green such as spinach or kale
- 1/2 cup of slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup of tart apple, cored and chopped
- 1/4 cup of sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup of golden raisins
- 1 cup raspberry vinaigrette salad dressing
Directions: Thoroughly mix all ingredients in a salad bowl with the salad dressing. Makes 6 servings.
We love that this salad is easy to make, delicious and great for your oral health. Bon appetit!