10 Fun & Free Springtime Activities for You and Your Kiddos
The cold has passed and warm weather is returning.
This can only mean one thing: spring has finally arrived and it is the perfect time to take advantage of the fresh springtime air. Get outside and enjoy some activities with your kids!
1. Play some baseball. Grab a few gloves, a baseball bat and a ball to enjoy some quality outdoor time as a family. Start with a game of catch and head to the front yard for some wholesome family fun!
2. Go to the beach. If you are lucky enough to be close to the beach, pack the car with snacks, beach towels and beach toys for a day of fun and relaxation. Make a sandcastle with your kids or play Frisbee on the beach, just make sure you use your sunscreen to protect your skin!
3. Ride a bike. There is nothing more fun than to ride your bike when the weather is nice and the warm air is blowing against your face. Grab your helmets and bike (maybe training wheels for the youngsters) and enjoy a day outside.
4. Watch some birds. Spring is a great time to watch the birds migrate home. With a pair of binoculars, you and the kids can watch all the birds coming back after the winter season. Teach your children about each species of bird that flies overhead!
5. Build a boxcar. Take your creativity outside this spring by making a car out of old boxes. All you need is an old cardboard box, some tape, a pair of scissors, and a good imagination!
6. Wash a car. Skip the expensive car wash and get the whole family outside to wash that dirty car. The nice weather makes it the perfect time to get outside and get a little wet!
7. Paint a birdhouse. Visit your local hardware store and buy a few pre-made, unpainted birdhouses. Grab a few different colors and set up a painting station outside.
8. Feed the ducks. Find a lake or pond with ducks, buy a bag of bread, and bring the whole family along to feed the ducks and enjoy a day by the water.
9. Fly a Kite. There is nothing quite like flying a kite. If it’s windy enough outside, grab your kites and the whole family to see who can get their kite to stay up the longest!
10. Build a fort. Indoor forts are perfect any time of the year, but why not bring it outside? Take your sleeping bags and extra blankets outside and build the coolest outdoor camp fortress your neighborhood has ever seen!
Spring is a great time to get the family together to enjoy outdoor activities. All it takes is a little creativity and a love of fun!