5 Little-Known Ways to Be Kind to Your Mouth for World Kindness Day
World Kindness Day, November 13th, began in 1998 by the World Kindness Movement.
The thinking was simple: if everyone makes a small effort to be kinder, the world can be a better place. Some people mark this day by donating food, volunteering, or even paying for a stranger’s coffee.
We think this is a perfect chance to show your mouth and teeth extra kindness, too. Here are five excellent ideas:
- You’re already generous by brushing your teeth twice a day. But don’t forget to show the roof of your mouth some love. Brush the roof of your mouth ever day as logs of germs can be hiding up there.
- Give your tongue some TLC by investing in a tongue scraper, a great tool for getting unwanted bacteria, plaque, and dead cells off your tongue.
- Drink unsweetened green tea. Green tea has been shown to protect the mouth against some of the bacteria that can cause tooth decay. It can also help with bad breath.
- Bring a mouth-healthy snack to the office or school. Fruits and vegetables are a great choice because tehy contain water and fiber, which balance out your sugar intake and help keep teeth clean.
- Sugary treats will be everywhere during the holidays, so why not bring in a new toothbrushes for the office? It’s a surprising – and very helpful – treat that everyone needs after the holiday sweets circulate!
Let’s all show some kindness to all those around us this week! Who’s in?