Quite the A-peel-ing Apple Recipe for Tonight’s Dinner Table
Fall is apple season! Looking for a way to treat your family and friends with a fun and easy dessert tonight? Look no further that these quick and delicious treats from The Blond Cook! In just under thirty minutes, you can have the perfect apple pie bites that will leave everyone wondering how you possibly have time in your busy day for a home-baked dessert. The secret? They’re easy as pie (bites) to make!
Enjoy! And be sure to brush your teeth and floss well after you finish your dessert.
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice mixture, and additional apple pie spice (about 1/4 teaspoon) for sprinkling on top of crescent rolls
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans (*completely optional. Not a nut fan? Leave them out for an equally delicious dessert)
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, cored and sliced into 8 (1/2-inch) slices
- 1 (8-ounce) can of Pillsbury Original crescent rolls
Apple Pie Spice Mixture
- 1-1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and your 1 teaspoon of apple pie spice mixture. Set aside.
- Melt butter and toss apple slices in butter, set aside.
- Arrange crescent roll triangles on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Evenly distribute your set aside brown sugar mixture onto each triangle.
- *Optional: Sprinkle each triangle evenly with chopped pecans.
- Place an apple slice on the wide end of each triangle. Wrap crescent roll dough around each apple.
- Brush each crescent roll with remaining butter. Sprinkle lightly with additional apple pie spice mixture.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.