The Top Non-Candy Stocking Stuffers for Kids
Candy is everywhere this time of year, and since we’re also extra busy at the holidays, it’s just too tempting to fill kids’ gifts with candy and junk food.
But don’t give in! We have great alternative suggestions, which conveniently won’t cause cavities.
- Healthy treats: Putting an orange in the toe of the stocking is a tradition in many families. Not only does it fit perfectly, it’s also a delicious, healthy treat. Other great options are apple chips, real fruit snacks, whole grain crackers, and cereal cups.
- Fun toothbrushes: Don’t forget dental health! There are lots of fun toothbrushes at the store with well-known characters on them. Some even light up, have a timer, or play a song-which makes brushing way more fun!
- Cool socks: Instead of filling small gifts with boring socks that kids need more than they want, you can find fun socks with cartoon characters, animals, and even wild designs!
- Small toys: Stockings or small bags are a good place for small toys that are tricky to wrap. Little Lego kits, yo-yos, silly putty and small stuffed animals are always a hit.
- Temporary tattoos: These can be fun for kids of all ages, and they’re an easy little surprise. Here’s a tip: metallic flash tattoos are all the rage these days!