5 Ways To Make Your New Year’s Resolutions Stick
The holidays are over, resolutions have been made and you’re ready to conquer the New Year!
We love the beginning-of-year optimism about changes to come. And we found the best ways to make those ambitions last well into February and beyond.
- Take baby steps: Although you may want to make big changes, it’s easier to achieve them by starting small. Break down big changes into smaller parts and keep track of your progress throughout the year. By this time next year, you’ll be surprised at what you’ve accomplished.
- Share your resolutions: Tell your friends and family about your goals, or even join a community of people that share your ambitions. Having a network of people to share your struggles and victories will enhance your journey and help keep you on the right path.
- Make one change at a time: You may have a lot of resolutions this year, but you don’t have to tackle all of them in January. Try to focus on one at a time to avoid feeling overwhelmed.
- Write them down: Some research shows that people who write down their goals on paper may be more likely to achieve them than people who make mental vows. Also, posting your goals where you can see them daily can help as well.
- Don’t give up: Change can be hard. It can take a lot will power and determination. But if you really put your mind to it and persist no matter how hard the going gets, you will see changes!
Now get out there and make 2015 your best year yet!